No mobile credit? No worries
We don’t want data to be a barrier to using this site. So if you’re on 2degrees, Spark, Skinny or Vodafone in New Zealand you can use this site at little or no cost from your phone.
Please make sure your mobile data is turned on.
Watching videos will still use your data
Sorry, watching videos isn’t free. However, you can read transcripts of the videos, and this won’t cost you any data. If you want to watch the real thing, this will use your mobile data allowance – it’s your choice.
If you don’t have any data on your phone you won’t be able to play the videos.
Some mobile networks are not included
- We’ve estimated that over 90 percent of people in New Zealand who come to this site on their mobile phone are connected to Spark, Skinny, Vodafone or 2degrees. These people will be able to take advantage of this feature, wherever they are in New Zealand.
- Unfortunately this low data option is not available if you’re on Warehouse Mobile, Digital Island, CallPlus, Slingshot, Compass, Black + White, Orcon, or M2.
- If you’re on global roaming or using a mobile network outside of NZ you will not be able to us this feature.
How it works
- We’ve removed the data cost wherever possible, but the website does have some add-ons that will use a small amount of data, if you have any. In most cases this will be a few cents of your data allowance per visit - more if you are viewing videos.
- If you don’t have any data on your device you can still access our website for free – just make sure your data is still turned on.
- Any mobile phone, smartphone or digital device can use this feature provided that they are accessing the internet on the mobile network Spark, Skinny, Vodafone or 2degrees in New Zealand.
- Some things, like embedded Youtube videos, may not work.